We're looking for an ambitious junior or intermediate Android developer to join our mobile development team at Dot Health. Working alongside designers, API developers, and iOS developers, you will be building the next iteration of the Dot Health mobile experience for Android, building and supporting new features while developing and implementing scalable development practices.
Our Android app is written in Kotlin, but we're happy to talk to developers experienced with Java as long as you're willing to learn.
This role comes with a large amount of technical responsibility—we’ll expect you to make and implement decisions about the mobile stack, including frameworks, libraries, and tooling, and be able to back up your opinions. You’ll be working with designers and backend developers to build new features and refine our user experience, and helping to develop requirements and build out the roadmap for our product.
We’re dedicated to building a supportive and healthy work environment, and we won’t demand long hours or unreasonable deadlines. However, this is a startup, so you’ll be working with loosely defined requirements and less oversight in a high-trust, high-expectations environment.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Things you'll be doing
- Building and supporting new features for our Android app
- Contributing knowledge of platform and device capabilities to our product team as we plan new features and capabilities
- Ensuring user security and privacy through solid understanding of authentication, authorization, and platform security features
- Making decisions about and implementing mobile architecture and design patterns
- Maintaining and improving tooling